Saturday, October 20, 2007

My Rigorous Effort in Improving English

English is one of the crucial language that all of us must to empower. It does mean that we must to ignore Malay language and look down on it. It is for the sake of knowledge and to improve ourselves to be better than before. It is no doubt that we must to empower this language because all of the materials (reference books) are in English. If we are not good in English, we might find it difficult to read some books.

In order to improve my English (Reading, Listening, Writing, Speaking), the first thing that I have done is reading English newspaper. When I was in secondary school, I prefer to read Malay newspaper than English newspaper. It is easier and faster. After been advised by my lecturers, I started to buy English newspaper and Reader's Digest. I need to change my perspection and my behaviour. At first, I need at least two days to finish reading the newspaper. Many works had to do such as finding some bombastic word from dictionary and there are a lot of waord that I could not understand. I determined myself to read it and now, I only need one day to finish reading it. Besides refered to the dictionary, I also asked my friends if I do not understand some sentences or words.

I am very week or not good in Listening part. I became very scared if my lecterur held Listenung Test. I practised my ears to hear English songs and tried to translated them into Malay. I also tried to open all the websites that my lecterer gave. My favourite website is http://www.esl-lab.com/. I almost finish done that task. When I have opportunity to going home, I will stay up to watch Nigthline and watch some English movies. Sometimes, I do not understand what does the caster said, but I still hear and let my myself become familiar with their slank.

In IKAL, my friends and I try to speak English everywhere. Although we speak broken English, I think all of us must continue to speak in English without shy to do mistakes. For writing part, I practising myself to read as many books as I can. Sometimes, the articles that I have read can be the good examples for me to learn and copy. I always look how to write a good introduction and improve my vocabulary. I also always update my blogger because this one of the best way to all out our ideas and make us thinking when writing.

All of these effort are very important, not only for me to score in IELTS, but it will help me in my future. I hope my lecturers and friends will help me in order to improve my poor English.

No comments: